Winning as a Seller
Home ownership and real estate investments are viewed by many as a safe and secure place to put your money. Over time and in the right markets, a good real estate purchase can have generational benefits. However, these days life can come at you fast. If executed properly, while following a professional plan in the right market, sellers can end up on the winning side.
Last month’s letter was devoted to buyers and strong strategies for getting offers accepted and ultimately closing on a home in competitive markets. This month I will cover some best practices for a seller to get the best terms and most amount of money in a transaction.
The preparation steps:
Listing your home is a big decision. Finding an agent who provides honest upfront assessment and professional advice will almost always be step 1. Accent Realty provides a 17-point plan of action when listing a home which includes proven best practices and some of our “secret sauce” to achieve exceptional results for our clients.
1. Provide data driven pricing advice to best meet your objectives
2. Arrange a professional staging consultation to get your home in “showcase condition”
3. Coordinate professional photography to present your home in its best light
4. Prepare an online interactive floor plan to appeal to home buyers and increase interest
5. Write a compelling accurate marketing description to submit to you for your approval
6. Host a “Brokers Tour” for all area agents to preview for their buyers
7. Prepare “Just Listed” mailings for the surrounding area
8. Host a virtual “Neighbor Preview” to raise awareness in your neighborhood and spark interest
9. Submit your listing to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for exposure to over 37,000 potential co-broke agents
10. Launch a reverse prospecting query on the MLS and engage any agent or buyer with searchers that match your property
11. Share your listing with dozens of syndicated sites for the broadest exposure worldwide.
12. Provide additional exposure with our tasteful, yet conspicuous “For Sale” yard sign
13. Design and professionally print great-looking color handouts for potential buyers
14. Accompany all showings with cooperating agents to professionally and intelligently introduce your home to the buying public
15. Constantly update you as to any changes you might want to make to your listing to make it even more marketable to the buyer
16. Represent you upon the presentation of all contracts and advocate for you in obtaining the best possible price and terms for you
17. Handle follow-up after the contract has been accepted and through the closing to keep you informed.
In between each one of these steps are several value-added tasks the best producing agents execute on the seller’s behalf. At Accent Realty our objective is clear and effective. We will get you as many qualified buyers to see your property until it is sold and become a valuable asset in getting the highest possible for your home with the fewest number of problems.
My Fall schedule is already filling up so if you or a family member are thinking about listing a home, contact me at the information below!